Geriatric Psychiatry has evolved out of clinical concerns for the mental and psychiatric care of the elderly at extended and long-term care facilities. Supportive medical psychiatric care enhances the quality of life for our elderly and contributes to their clinical success. Elderly patients with a variety of psychiatric symptoms can benefit from our services as part of their comprehensive plan of care.
This includes individuals with symptoms such as:
• Combative Behavior or Refusal or Resistance to Care & Management
• Refusal to Eat
• Pacing and Restlessness
• Progressive Weight Loss
• Confusion and Memory Loss
• Irrational Fear and Paranoia
• Non-Compliance with Medical Care
• Persistent Pain
• Geriatric Psychiatric Services are provided by medical doctors specializing in psychiatric care of the elderly.
• Services are provided promptly. We are available for emergencies and consultations.
• Facilities will not be charged for these services; patients are billed for the services as outlined under "Cost of Services" in this brochure.